- Ensuring the correct execution and progress of the work, taking account of specific project requirements and safety
- Preparation of the operational part of cable installation
- Drawing up documents such as method statements, procedures and reports
- Going through the work instructions and safety requirements with the operational crew
- Providing coordination and advice in the event of technical problems
- Acting as a link between project management and the operational crew
- Higher vocational intellectual and professional level; preferably a completed Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or civil engineering
- Preferably three years’ operational experience on board ships, ideally related to cable installation
- A good command of English, spoken and written
- Strong communication and social skills
- An independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, dares to take decisions and is able to work in project teams
- A flexible attitude with regard to working on board and at project locations
A job at Van Oord means working on challenging, dynamic and prestigious projects. Take your responsibility and see your ideas become reality. Van Oord offers an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below.
Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Pieter van Bodegom
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow’s world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.